This Furnishare Inc Furniture Provision Agreement (this “Agreement”) shall govern and apply in all respects to the specific furniture items identified in the “Item Submission” Page of the Site (defined below) (each, an “Item”) by the individual or entity that provides each such Item (the “Seller” or “you”) to Furnishare Inc (d/b/a Kaiyo) (“Furnishare” or “we”). Furnishare and the Seller are individually referred to herein as a “Party” and, collectively, as the “Parties.”
This Agreement may be executed by your selecting the checkbox. By selecting the checkbox, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement. By selecting the checkbox you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement’s terms and conditions. You further agree that your use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action, or to otherwise provide Furnishare instructions via the Site, or in accessing or making any transaction regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent terms, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature (hereafter referred to as “E-Signature”), acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature or any resulting contract between you and Furnishare.
Modifications to this Agreement. This Agreement may be revised at any time for any reason, and we may provide you notice of these changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of the Agreement on the Site. You can determine when we last updated this Agreement by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Agreement. By Using the Site following the posting of changes to this Agreement, you accept such changes. You agree to Use the Site for lawful purposes only in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Any Use of the Site in a manner inconsistent with this Agreement is deemed unauthorized in all respects and may subject the user to civil or criminal penalties. We strongly recommend that you periodically visit this page of the Site to review this Agreement.
Seller’s Use of the Kaiyo.com Website.
- Furnishare will pick up each Item at such location and at such date as the Parties may agree through the Site (a “Pickup Date,” and each such arranged Item pickup, a “Pickup”).
- The Pickup location must be within the service area set forth on the Site (the “White-Glove Service Area”) as of the day this Agreement is executed. If the Pickup is located outside the White-Glove Service Area, this Agreement shall be voidable by Furnishare before the Pickup occurs by Furnishare providing notice of the same to Customer.
- The Seller may cancel or reschedule a Pickup at any time prior to 5:00 PM local time 2 days before the scheduled Pickup Date. For example, if the Seller schedules a Pickup Date on a Wednesday, in order to cancel that Pickup, the Seller must notify Furnishare no later than 5:00 PM local time on Monday that the Pickup needs to be cancelled.
- It is Seller’s responsibility to provide Furnishare with all material information about an Item or an Item’s Pickup, regardless of whether the questions on the Site specifically ask for that information. While Furnishare has done its best to ask for all of the information that is likely to be important about an Item, and if any important information about an Item is not specifically requested by the Site, it is the Seller’s responsibility to proactively, and in a timely, accurate and complete fashion, inform Furnishare of that information.
- If a scheduled Pickup is not completed because of something the Seller does or fails to do, Furnishare will have the right to charge the Seller a “Late Cancellation Fee” of $99.00. For example, if a Seller fails to cancel a Pickup at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled Pickup Date, or if Furnishare is unable to Pickup an Item because Seller did not accurately describe the delivery location or include all necessary delivery details when arranging for the pickup of an Item (such as failing to indicate that there is no elevator in the building when the delivery is to an upper floor), Furnishare would have the right to charge the Seller a Late Cancellation Fee.
- Regardless of anything contained in this Agreement or any other agreement between Seller and Furnishare, Furnishare has the right to refuse to take any Item at any time, including following the inspection of such Item by Furnishare during a Pickup. Furnishare is not required to provide a reason for its decision not to take an item.
- The Seller hereby grants Furnishare the right to photograph or record an Item during Pickup, as required by Furnishare’s internal inspection and pickup policies.
Title to Items.
- Once the Pickup of an Item has been completed, Furnishare will be considered the owner of the item, and title to the item will be vested in Furnishare. The Seller shall have no further right, title or interest in the Item, including the right to reverse the transfer and get the item back from Furnishare.
- Other than making the payment to the Seller described in section 5 below, Furnishare shall have no liability whatsoever to the Seller in connection with any Item. Furnishare will also have no liability to any third party in connection with an Item if that liability relates to the time before Furnishare took possession and ownership of the Item. Any such liability shall remain solely with the Seller.
Instant Offer; Revenue Sharing.
- Furnishare may send you an instant payment offer for the Item after your pickup (“Instant Offer”). If you accept such Instant Offer before it expires, you will receive such Instant Offer and Furnishare will have no further payment obligation to you for the Item.
- If the Seller does not accept the Instant Offer before it expires, the Seller is entitled to retain revenue share (“Revenue Share”) of any amounts that Furnishare receives from any rental or sale of an Item by Furnishare to a third party (the “Seller Retention”). The Revenue Share is determined based on the final sale price of an Item. The Kaiyo Revenue Share Rates used to calculate the revenue share the Seller receives is found at https://kaiyo.com/how-it-works#how-do-i-make-money. The Seller shall have no right to adjust the Revenue Share after the submission is completed on the Site. The Seller Retention will be based only on the proceeds Furnishare gets from Item rental and/or sale proceeds. It does not include any amounts received by Furnishare for the sale or provision of other items or services, such as insurance for an Item or the sale of furniture repair services in connection with an Item.
- Furnishare will pay the Seller Retention upon a request submitted by the Seller through the Site. Furthermore, Furnishare shall have no obligation to any Seller Retention sooner than thirty (30) days after the applicable payment is received by Furnishare from the end customer. For the avoidance of doubt, in no event shall Furnishare be obligated to pay any Payment Retention to the Seller unless and until Furnishare actually receives the rental or sale proceeds for that particular Item. FURNISHARE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, COVENANT, PROMISE OR GUARANTY THAT AN ITEM WILL BE RENTED OR SOLD BY FURNISHARE TO A THIRD PARTY AND/OR THAT SELLER WILL NECESSARILY RECEIVE ANY MONIES IN CONNECTION WITH AN ITEM.
- Furnishare will pay the Seller any amounts due the Seller under this Agreement by check, Paypal or any other reasonable method that Furnishare selects in its sole discretion. It is the Seller’s responsibility to provide Furnishare with any necessary information and to comply with any requirements of such method of payment.
- Furnishare has the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the price for the rental or sale of the Item, and to change that price at any time. Furnishare may, if it so chooses, set the Item rental or sale price at zero dollars ($0.00).
- Furnishare may, at its sole discretion and without notice to the Seller, offer additional discounts or promotions to market and sell an Item efficiently. These discounts will be deducted from an Item’s final sale price before calculating the Seller Retention.
- The Seller shall have the right to receive the Seller Retention in connection with an Item only until the first anniversary of the date on which the rental or sale proceeds have been received by Furnishare and the Seller Retention is made available to the Seller as set forth on the Site. Furnishare shall have no obligation to pay Seller any amount after this date.
- Furnishare will pay all applicable sales, use, or other similar taxes in connection with the rental or sale of an Item to any third party. Furnishare will have no responsibility for paying any sales, use, income or other taxes in connection with any amounts paid by Furnishare to the Seller.
Additional Terms and Conditions.
- The Seller acknowledges and agrees that Furnishare has no obligation to rent or sell an Item, and Furnishare does so in its sole discretion. Seller further acknowledges and agrees that Furnishare has the right to dispose of an Item at any time and in whatever manner that Furnishare, in its sole discretion, so decides. The Seller does not have the right to take the Item back from Furnishare.
- Furnishare will have the right in its sole discretion to determine how an Item should be transported, stored, repaired, refurbished or otherwise dealt with, and the Seller acknowledges that Furnishare will have no liability to Seller if as a result of Furnishare’s actions, an Item is damaged, destroyed or otherwise needs to be repaired or refurbished.
- Furnishare will have the right to advertise, promote or market an Item in its sole discretion and in so doing may describe an Item in any manner it chooses to do so. Furnishare will not disclose the Seller’s identity in any such advertising, promotion or marketing of an item without the Seller’s prior written consent.
- Furnishare has the right to assign or delegate any of its rights and/or responsibilities under this Agreement to one or more affiliates and/or third parties.
Seller’s Representations, Warranties and Responsibilities.
The Seller hereby covenants, represents and warrants to Furnishare the following:
- (i) The Seller has the full right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform this Agreement in connection with each Item provided to Furnishare pursuant to this Agreement; (ii) this Agreement is enforceable against Seller in accordance with its terms; (iii) no claims, liens or actions exist or are threatened that would interfere with the Seller’s ability to fully perform under this Agreement and this Agreement is valid, legal and binding; and (iv) this Agreement does not violate and is not otherwise limited by any other agreement to which the Seller is a party.
- The Seller is the owner, or the duly appointed agent of the owner, of each Item Seller transfers to Furnishare, and there are no liens, mortgages, security interests or other encumbrances affecting the Item in any way. If Furnishare requests proof of these facts, the Seller agrees it will promptly provide such proof. If the Seller fails to provide such proof promptly after it is requested by Furnishare, Furnishare may, at its sole option, declare this Agreement to be null and void, and of no further force or effect. In such instance, Furnishare may return the Item as-is with no additional liabilities or obligations whatsoever, including in regards to any damage to the Item or any need to replace the Item. If at any time, another party provides credible evidence that he, she or it and, not the Seller, was and should still be the owner of the Item, then, in addition to its indemnification obligations hereunder, the Seller shall be responsible for any and all costs and expenses involved in returning such Item to such third party (including any repair and/or refurbishment that Furnishare, in its sole discretion, determines is appropriate) or, if Furnishare so decides, replacing such Item for such third party.
- The Seller’s description of the Item that it provides through the Site is accurate and complete and includes any material defect that may not be immediately apparent to an individual inspecting the Item for a brief period of time.
- While any pictures that Seller provides of an Item may be produced in such a manner as to present the Item in a flattering light, no picture of the Item that the Seller provides to Furnishare will have been edited or altered in anyway so as to obscure or alter the appearance of the Item or any part of the Item or to otherwise materially misrepresent the Item or its condition.
Furnishare’s Representations and Warranties.
Furnishare covenants, represents and warrants that (i) Furnishare has the full right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform this Agreement in connection with each Item provided to Furnishare pursuant to this Agreement; (ii) this Agreement is enforceable against Furnishare in accordance with its terms; (iii) no claims, liens or actions exist or are threatened that would interfere with Furnishare’s ability to fully perform under this Agreement and this Agreement is valid, legal and binding; and (iv) this Agreement does not contravene and is not otherwise limited by any other agreement to which Furnishare is a party.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
THE SELLER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT THE SELLER’S PROVISION OF AN ITEM IS AT THE SELLER’S SOLE RISK. EXCEPT FOR LIABILITY ARISING FROM FURNISHARE’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, IN NO EVENT SHALL FURNISHARE OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, OR ITS OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES (“AFFILIATED ENTITIES”) BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF FURNISHARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED OR CONTEMPLATED WITH FURNISHARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS (SUCH AS THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THE EVENT THAT DAMAGES ARE FINALLY AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION, EXCEPT FOR LIABILITY ARISING FROM FURNISHARE’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF FURNISHARE AND ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID OR PAYABLE TO THE SELLER FOR AN ITEM. IF THE SELLER RESIDES OR IS LOCATED IN A JURISDICTION, LIKE NEW JERSEY, WHOSE LAWS PREVENT THE SELLER FROM TAKING FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR AN ITEM, ANY SALE OR SERVICE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH AN ITEM OR ANY TRANSACTION WITH FURNISHARE IN CONNECTION WITH AN ITEM, FURNISHARE’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THAT JURISDICTION. NO ACTION ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT MAY BE BROUGHT AT ANY TIME MORE THAN TWELVE (12) MONTHS AFTER OCCURRENCE OF THE FACTS UPON WHICH THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE.
The Seller shall indemnify and defend Furnishare against, and hold Furnishare harmless from, any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of, connected with, or resulting from (i) Seller’s transfer of an Item to Furnishare, (ii) the Item before title of such Item was transferred to Furnishare, or (iii) the Seller’s breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement, including its representations, warranties and covenants, except to the extent arising from Furnishare’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
Governing Law, Jurisdictions, Waiver of Trial By Jury.
This Agreement and the transactions it contemplates, including without limitation their interpretation, construction, performance and enforcement, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without reference to any conflict or choice of law provisions, as applicable to contracts made and performed entirely within such State. Any international treaties that are not mandatory with respect to contracts made and performed entirely in New York, shall not apply. The exclusive forum for the resolution of any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be the state and federal courts located in New York, NY, and the Seller agrees to personal jurisdiction of such courts over the Seller with regard to any dispute relating to this Agreement and agrees to service of process on Seller by e-mail to the address the Seller has submitted on the Site, if any, and by any other means permitted by law. EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
All notices, demands, or consents given by the Seller under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed given when delivered to Furnishare at the following email address: [email protected]. Any notices to Seller may be made via either e-mail or postal mail to the email address or postal address in Furnishare’s records or via positing on the Site. The Seller must report any violations of this Agreement to Furnishare at the email address listed above.
How to Contact Us.
You may contact us regarding this Agreement at: 50 West 23rd Street, Suite 1400, New York, NY 10010, by phone at +1 (646) 844-8585 or by e-mail at [email protected].