Scope of this Privacy Statement
- This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information Furnishare Inc (“Furnishare,” “us,” “we” or “our”) collects through kaiyo.com, (the “Site”) and our application (the “Application”, and collectively with the Site, the “Services”), and how we collect, use, and share that information. This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of personal information through any website or other means, other than through the Services.
- By using the Services, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use the Services.
Personal Information We Collect
- Information You Give Us. You do not have to give us any personal information to browse the Services. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the Services. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us.Our Services are designed to facilitate the rental of household items, such as furniture. You provide information when you register for our Services; arrange to provide an item to Furnishare; rent an item; arrange for a pick up or delivery; answer a survey or questionnaire; or communicate with us in person, by phone or by email. This information may include:
- Registration information. When you sign up for the Services, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address, zip code, and telephone number, or, if you chose to connect via a third party social network your login information for such third party social network.
- Transactional Information. Transaction information may include, among other things, information about the item you are providing or renting, your location (including your physical address), any description or pictures of the item you post, additional commentary or communication about the item, and certain metadata, such as the timestamp of such activity, telephone number, logistical information pertaining to the pick-up or delivery of furniture (such as whether you live in a multi-story building, whether the move will involve the use of stairs or an elevator, etc.); and payment card information.
- Additional Information. Additional information that you provide to us, including through comments and feedback, emails, or answers to surveys or questionnaires that you may submit. You will also be able to access your mobile camera and photo library through our mobile site, but we will not collect photo information unless you choose to upload such information to our Services.
- Information from Social Networks. We also collect personal information about you and your friends and connections on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks with which we may partner from time to time, of which you are a member and that you identify to us (“Social Network”), such as names, ages, genders, email addresses, Social Network IDs, Social Network profile pictures, Social Network activities, education histories, hometowns, groups, interests, likes, locations, relationship statuses, religious and political views, list of friends, and work histories.
- Automated Information Collection. We may collect certain information about your use of the Services through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Services, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Services, the pages you looked at on the Services, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Services, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Services, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information. When you access the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links. The Services may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- URLs. When you visit or access the Services we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Services. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on the Services. We also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier.
- Location Data. We may also receive location data passed to us from GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled or from third-party services.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Services and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Services administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Services, to compile aggregate statistics about Services usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Services. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
- Mobile Data. When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, location data via Wifi or GPS, device type and manufacturer, and phone number.
How We Use Personal Information
- Personal information collected through the Services may be used by Furnishare and its affiliates for purposes of:
- Administering your account, processing payments for products and services purchased through the Services, arranging for the pick-up or delivery of the products and services purchased through the Services, and otherwise providing the products and services you select through the Services;
- Responding to your questions and feedback;
- Contacting you, whether by email, postal mail, or telephone with information about the Services, including communications regarding future products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve Services and our other services;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
- Improving and customizing the content and layout of the Services;
- Creating a profile based on the information you have provided;
- Tailoring advertisements to you;
- Developing new products and services; or
- Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Services on an aggregate basis.
Personal Information We Share
- We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Services, except as described below:
- In Connection with our Offerings. The Services may involve the sharing of personal information collected through the Services with (i) other users of the Services, (ii) your Social Network if you choose to connect via your Social Network (including users of your Social Network who are not users of the Services), and (iii) as you otherwise provide your consent. Information which you upload, post, e-mail, submit or otherwise transmit in connection with the Services to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Services becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any information you choose to post on or through the Services, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board, chat area or other public area of the Services. All information that is posted to a message board, chat area, or other public area of the Services may be shared by us with others.
- Sales and Marketing. We enter into certain select marketing relationships with advertisers, suppliers and retailers and other companies that provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to users of the Services. We will share personal information or any information collected through the Services with those sales and marketing affiliates in order to help them send you information that we believe will be of interest to you. You may opt-out from having your information shared with such sales and marketing affiliates by contacting us at [email protected]
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers. We work with third party service providers in connection with our offerings. Such services may include moving and logistics services, payment card processors, website hosting, marketing, website usage analytics, advertising, customer service, and monitoring and maintaining the Services. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Services if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Services to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Furnishare’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Non-Personal Information. We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of people who visited or accessed the Services, the number of profiles created by users of the Services, survey and rating information and other feedback provided by users of the Services. Such information does not identify you individually.
- Online Advertising. We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or apps. Companies like Google may also use this data to provide us with analytic and demographic information about our users. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). If you access our service on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
We may compile personal information and other information collected through the Services on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of users who have registered for the Services, demographic information about users of the Services, and individual rental preferences. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually. We may use aggregate information and share aggregate information with third parties for any of the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, and for any other lawful purpose.
- Information You Provide. You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Services. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of the Services, which may limit your access to certain portions of the Services.
- Communications From Us. If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Services, you may indicate this preference by unsubscribing from our mailing list or contacting us at [email protected]
- Deleting your Account and the Application. You may request to delete your account by contacting us at [email protected]
- You may uninstall the Application at any time from your mobile device. To completely delete the Application, however, you must also remove it from your Social Network account.
Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. The Services are operated from a secure environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Services. These security measures include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data transmission. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Services. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
A Special Note about Children
Children are not eligible to use the Services, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 18) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Services only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
Special Admonitions for International Use
The Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to the Services are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of New York in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change or update the Services or any of our policies and procedures without prior notice. We will post a notice on the Services to advise you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate via the “Last Updated” legend at the bottom of this Privacy Statement when it was most recently updated. Your continued use of the Services signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
Questions Regarding this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please send us an email at [email protected]